This article describes how you can create a new rule by first selecting the rule type. If you are, for example, creating several similar rules or wish to copy an existing rule and modify it, you can also duplicate a rule. The rule types available for you depend on the package you've subscribe to.
Note that the rule creation details depend on the rule type you select, but you always need to add at least the rule title, define the IFC Schema used, and define the target components. Adding a description and assigning labels is optional. Depending on the rule type, you may also need to, for example, define the object components.
For more information on each rule type, see Rule Types.
To create a new rule:
- Go to the Rules tab. Click New Rule:
- The Create new rule page opens:
- Select the rule type you wish to use.
- Add a title for the rule (e.g., All walls should have a "Wall" in the name).
- Add a rule description to describe what the rule is used for (optional).
- Next, you can add one or more labels to the rule. Labels help you in categorizing rules, and you can create checks based on labels (see ). To add labels to the rule, click ➕:
- The Add labels dialog opens. Select the label(s) you wish to add by clicking Select:
- When you’ve selected the label(s), you can close the dialog by clicking X:
The label(s) you’ve added are shown under Labels:
- Click Define requirements.
- Now, you need to define the requirements for the rule. The exact rule requirements depend on the type of rule you’ve created (Clearance or Level of Information). For more detailed information on each rule type, see Rule Types.
- When you have defined the requirements, click Create rule.
- The rule you created appears on the list of rules and can now be added to a check in the Editor. After that, the rule can be run as a part of a check in the Plugin.